Fried rice or Khao pad, is a very simple and delicious dish, it is certainly the most common food in restaurants in Thailand.
In this Thai fried rice recipe, I put basic ingredients in, but fried rice is a catch-all recipe, you can put in the vegetables and side dishes you want, it’s often a recipe to use the rest of the rice already cooked and finish the vegetables.
Ingredient of Thai Fried Rice
- 2 large spoon vegetable oil or canola or peanut oil
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 onion diced (white or yellow)
- 150 g chicken breast (5,3 oz) minced (or equivalent in crab, tofu, shrimp ..)
- 3 shallots cut into 4 cm
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 cup rice cooked jasmine cold preferably refrigerated overnight
- Sauce options: use one of these:
- Sauce # 1
- 1/2 large tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 large tablespoon oyster sauce
- Sauce # 2
- 2 large tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 and 1/2 large tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Sauce # 3
- 1 and 1/2 large tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 big spoon Thai seasoning Gold Mountain
- Serve with: tomato wedges cucumber slices and fresh coriander
How to make Thai Fried Rice (khao pad)
- Heat oil in a large wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. (Add 1 teaspoon extra oil soup if you use a frying pan)
- Add garlic and sauté for 20 seconds.
- Add onion and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and shallots and sauté for 1 minute or until the chicken turns white (but still pink inside).
- Push the chicken to one side and pour the egg in the middle.
- Mix it quickly – about 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and sauce.
- Stir for 2 minutes to heat the rice and coat all the rice with the sauce.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh coriander with tomatoes and cucumbers on the side.
Video: Thai Fried Rice recipe
Another variation of Khao Pad recipe:
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!