Thai cashew chicken is a delicious dish that is quite easy to prepare at home.
Here is an easy recipe for making a crispy, caramelized cashew nut chicken as found in many restaurants in Thailand.
Description and information about the recipe
Thai name: kai pad met mamuang (ไก่ผัดเม็ดมะม่วง)
Kai = chicken; pad = stir-fried ; met mamuang = cashew nuts.
It is a recipe for one or two people.
If you don’t like to eat spicy food, you can use only sweet peppers or peppers, or even Chinese broccoli as shown in the picture.
You can of course also make this dish with shrimp, tofu or others.
Ingredients of Thai cashew nuts chicken
- 200 g (7 once) chicken breast cut into pieces of 2 to 3 cm
- 1 large spoon cassava flour or all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cooking oil
- other ingredients
- 1 large spoon crushed garlic 3 or 4 cloves
- ½ cup yellow onion cut into wedges (1 onion)
- ⅓ cup chili Bird’s Eye dried and fried
- ½ cup cashews unsalted and not roasted
- ⅓ cup long fresh red chilli finely chopped
- ⅓ cup banana peppers capsicum cut into thin strips
- ⅓ cup onions cut into 2.5 cm
ingredients for Thai cashew nuts chicken Sauce
- 1 large tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ large spoon dark soy sauce I used black soy sauce and sweet
- ½ large spoon oyster sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3 large spoon water
How to make Thai cashew nuts chicken
- Cut chicken into cubes, mix with flour to coat and set aside.
- Make sure you have all your other ingredients (garlic, onions, fresh peppers) cut and ready.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add about ⅓ cup oil in a wok or frying pan, and wait until it is hot enough to fry.
- Fry the cashew nuts for about 1 minute in the oil until they are golden brown, then drain and set aside.
- In the same oil, fry the dried chillies Thai for about 1 minute until crisp, drain and set aside.
- Then, fry chicken in oil for about 5 minutes until golden and crisp. Drain and set aside on a plate.
- Add ½ tablespoon of oil in a wok or frying medium heat.
- Sauté garlic for a few seconds, then add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Then add the red and green peppers and fry for a minute.
- You can pour a few drops of water into the wok or pan if it becomes dry.
- Add the seasoning sauce mixture and stir-fry until sauce thickens and becomes sticky.
- Add chicken, cashew nuts and chilies and sauté until everything is covered in sticky sauce.
- You can add a few drops of water if it becomes too dry.
- The last step is to add green onions, sauté for a few seconds, then turn off heat.
- Serve with hot rice steamed.
See as well :