Here is a recipe for red curry chicken, a popular Thai dish that is easy to make but reserved for those who like spicy food, " Kaeng phed kai "means " kaeng "curry," phed "or spicy 'phette' and kai "chicken.
So if you don't like or can't eat spicy food, it's best to skip it and remember the words " may pette " not spicy, words that you can use in your travel to Thailand.
Red curry chicken, the easy recipe
The famous recipe for Red Curry Chicken, beware, this is a spicy dish for thrill seekers only!Of course you can also replace the chicken with tofu, shrimp or pork.
Ingredients for the red curry chicken
- 4 chicken breasts sliced
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 pod garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste Asian shop or here
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- A few chopped coriander leaves
- 1 handle cashew nut
- A few basil leaves
Preparation of the red curry chicken
- Chop the onion, green onions and garlic and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the curry paste.
- Fry the garlic, onion, green onions, chicken, salt and mix well.
- Stir in the coconut milk, sugar and coriander as you go.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over low heat, stirring until the meat is cooked.
- To finish, garnish with cashew nuts and basil.
- Serve with rice.
And that's it, bon appétit!
Video recipe for red curry chicken
Here is another way to prepare a red curry:
See also :
Massaman curry: the recipe for one of the best Thai curries
Khao Soy, a curry noodle soup, a Chiang Mai delicacy
10 delicious Thai dishes not to be missed, what to eat in Thailand
And on the forum :
Recognising Thai dishes