Here is a recipe for red curry chicken, a popular and easy to make Thai dish for those who love spicy food.
“Kaeng phed kai” means “kaeng”: curry, “phed”: spicy, and “kai” chicken.
So if you don’t like or can’t eat spicily, it’s better to go your way and remember the words “may ped”: not spicy, words that can be used during your travel to Thailand.
Ingredients of Thai red curry with chicken
- 4 chicken breasts minced
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large spoon oil
- 2 large spoonfuls red curry paste Asian store or here
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 ml coconut milk or 8,5 fl oz
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- A few chopped coriander leaves
- 1 handful cashew nuts
- A few basil leaves
How to make red curry with chicken
- Chop the onion, green onions, garlic and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the curry paste.
- Sauté garlic, onion, green onions, chicken, salt and mix well.
- Stir in coconut milk, sugar and coriander as you go along.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over low heat, stirring until the meat is cooked.
- Finally, garnish with cashew nuts and basil.
- Serve with rice.
And it's over, bon appétit!
Video recipe for chicken with red curry
Here is another way to prepare a red curry:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?