Sticky rice with mango and coconut milk is a delicious Thai dessert.
It may seem strange to eat mango with sticky rice, but the three ingredients mix perfectly together,
This sticky rice Thai dessert, seasoned with coconut milk and served with slices of mango will surprise you and make you addicted!
Ingredients of sticky rice with mango and coconut milk
- 1 ripe mango
- 250 g (8,8 oz) glutinous rice for sale at Asian food stores
- 200 ml (6.7 fl oz) coconut milk
- 60 g (2,1 oz) cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 optional pandanus leaf there are some in the Asian food shops in the fresh section.
How to make sticky rice with mango and coconut milk
- To do the day before:
- Rinse the sticky rice several times with cold water.
- In a large container, soak the rice in a good amount of water (it will swell)
- After the soaking night:
- Rinse and drain the sticky rice.
- Steam for 25 to 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, gently stir the sticky rice to make sure it is cooked evenly.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk with the pandanus leaf cut in large pieces (it is just to infuse it and remove it after) over medium heat.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Mix well and stop cooking when boiling.
- When the sticky rice is cooked, put it in a container.
- Gently pour 2/3 of the coconut milk (without the pieces of the pandanus leaf) over all the rice.
- Mix gently so that the rice absorbs the coconut milk.
- Leave for a quarter of an hour.
- Peel the mango then detail it in slices or pieces.
- Place a serving of rice next to the mango portion.
- Just before serving, pour the rest of the coconut milk over the sticky rice.
And it's over, good appetite!
Video: Sticky rice with mango and coconut milk recipe
See also :