Recipe for a vegetarian dish, fried tofu with lemongrass, an appetizer that you can find in Thailand but which I believe is of Vietnamese origin.
Ingredients for lemongrass fried tofu
- 450 g (16 once) firm tofu
- 2 large spoonfuls soy sauce
- 2 large spoonfuls vegetable oil
- 1.5 large sugar spoon
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 3 large finely chopped lemongrass spoon
- 1 red pepper minced
How to make fried tofu with lemongrass
- Remove the tofu from its packaging and dry it well with absorbent paper.
- Cut the tofu into small squares.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet and sauté the tofu pieces until brown.
- Set the tofu aside.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce and sugar.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped lemongrass and chilli pepper.
- Add the soy sauce and sugar mixture and cook for another minute.
- Serve the tofu with the lemongrass sauce.
Video of fried tofu with lemongrass
Here is a slightly different and English recipe for fried tofu with lemongrass:
Source: riceandcoconut.com; thailandan flavours.com