Soybean sprout tofu is a small, simple, fresh, and slightly crispy dish, which is usually eaten as an accompaniment to other dishes but can also be used as a main course.
It is a dish that is often found ready to eat, sold in a plastic bag in Thai markets.
You can prepare it with soy sauce mixed with oyster sauce, or vegetarian with only soy sauce or vegetarian oyster sauce that is readily available in Asian grocery stores.
In Thailand, there are other variants of this dish with squid, shrimp, or pork.
To know how to prepare your soya sprouts and discover all the virtues of these germinated seeds see :
How to make soya sprouts at home, the easy method
Ingredients of Stir-fried tofu with soya sprouts
- 3 large spoon of canola oil
- 1 firm tofu 450 mg, cut into large pieces of about 1cm thick
- 1 cup Chinese chives cut into length of 2 to 3 cm approximately 15 chives
- 6 cups bean sprouts washed with cold water and drained
- 2 large teaspoon soy sauce or 1 large tablespoon of soy sauce over a large spoonful of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
How to make Stir-fried tofu with soya sprouts
- Heat the wok over high heat, then test it with a few drops of water. If the water evaporates in two seconds, pour 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Spread oil using a spatula, then add the tofu to the wok and fry over medium heat until they firm up and become golden. It will take 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the same wok over high heat and add remaining oil and garlic canola
- Stir until the garlic is golden, about 10 seconds.
- Stir in bean sprouts and cook on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Then stir in chives to cook slightly, about 45 seconds.
- Stir in tofu, soy sauce and sugar.
- Mix well all and serve quickly with steamed rice.
Bean sprouts should not cook more than 2 minutes, or they will lose their crunch.
This dish is very simple and the flavors depend mainly on fresh bean sprouts, tofu and chives.
The moisture released by the bean sprouts will make a sauce.
If the bean sprouts are too dry, add one or two tablespoons of water.
Video recipe for Stir-fried tofu with soy sprouts
Another variation of the recipe, but with salted fish.
Other dishes with soya sprouts: